Thursday, October 27, 2005

Snow? No snow now!

So a couple of days after it snowed? It warmed up and melted, then rained, and then warmed up, and the roads dried off. Good. Now the roads are clear. That last business came down too soon, and the roads were not good. Today it is still clear, but close to freezing, and the ground is finally having a little time to freeze so that maybe the next snow won't be such a mess on the roads. The water tanks for cleaning workboots outside the offices had a thin crust of ice at 5 this evening. And so did the puddles. I was a bit surprised, because it was sunny, and the air felt warm to me - I had my window open for quite a bit of the day. It was nice out.

I saw a chickadee yesterday - but not an American one. This one was slightly larger and had black on its breast - like a vest. Still had the black cap - definitely a chickadee of some variety. Quite cute, actually. About wren size.

The weather says it might snow again tonight. It says "slushy" accumulation, but I hope they are wrong. Let's hope for good conditions!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snow? No snow now!

Hey Mark, you have a pretty good blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a russian woman blog. It pretty much covers
russian woman related stuff.

Come and check out russian woman if you get time :-)

Monday, October 31, 2005 1:33:00 AM  
Blogger CrowB said...

This is about the least innocous example of spam blog-reply that I have gotten. This guy is selling his book, that I can say for sure. As to anything else, I can't say. I've deleted other spam-repliers, but I figured I'd let this guy stay. I will say that I have worked with people in Moscow who "work" the dating scene, and who I know have honest and moral objectives and values. If anybody wants an intro to the people I've worked with, just ask me for it.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 5:16:00 PM  
Blogger CrowB said...

Heh. My previous reply >>I will say that I have worked with people in Moscow who "work" the dating scene<< makes it sound like I've used their dating services. Sorry, haven't done that. They also find apartments for travelers, and do odd jobs like research. I need apartments when I visit Moscow - they are better and cheaper than hotels. And I need help sometimes from Russian speakers - like finding snowmobile dealers. The people at work don't want to do this for my personal stuff - they've got plenty of work to take care of. So, I need people who can speak Russian and find things for me. Such help is still pretty cheap compared to what I'd have to pay in the States.

Friday, November 04, 2005 7:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home